Eight Relaxation Tips
Life can get stressful; take a chance to breathe and relax this month at your Nantucket Gate apartment. In today’s blog post we’ll be sharing some relaxation tips so you can give yourself the break you deserve. We hope you have a peaceful week here in Tacoma, WA!
1. Exercise. Get your heart pumping. This can help you let go of worries, giving you a better sense of control over your life. It doesn’t matter what form of exercise you choose, there will be benefits.
2. Squeeze a stress ball. A stress ball can be a great way to take you out of stress-mode and into the present moment. Try out this DIY stress ball project from WikiHow to make your own.
3. Do some yoga. Yoga has been shown to have many benefits, one of which includes relieving stress. Let your mind and body become one through this practice.
4. Practice meditation. Meditation is a great way to let go of stress and worries. Spend a few minutes breathing and noticing your thoughts but choosing to keep your attention on your breath. Use Headspace if you’ve never practiced meditation before.
5. Take a hot bath. A bath can relax your body, therefore relaxing your mind. Use some bath salts or a bath bomb for an extra relaxing experience.
6. Drink tea. Tea can be calming to the body and mind. Try sipping chamomile tea before bed or drink some green tea during the day.
7. Get outside. Going outside to get some fresh air may be just what you need to feel better. Spend time outside each day for long-term benefits.
8. Take a break. When you’re starting to feel overwhelmed by something, take a break. Get up, stretch, breathe, or do something you enjoy for a few minutes.
For more tips and ideas check out this list from Greatist. Do you have any other tips or ideas that you would add to our list? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!